Thursday, January 25, 2007

No Vangelis?

I've been a naughty little non-poster in the past few weeks but I know readers of my books will forgive me as I'm confronting an horrendous deadline for my next novel. Forty-two chapters and counting down...Once I'm done, I'm off to LA and New York for a bit of R&R... In the meantime, I have been listening to Kaiser Karl's double-CD compilation of music he really really likes. Why am I surprised that I actually really really like a lot of this material too? It's divided into "home" and "work/fashion show" selections, with Karl's short attention span scattershotting everything from disco to gypsy music. I am reminded of the first fashion show music I ever heard, in Paris at YSL back in the early eighties - Kraftwerk's Trans-Europe Express. Thank you Andrew Olds for bringing me the album from Madrid - down here we have to wait until March if we want to buy it in store.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Beazle Teats - Trapped Bohemian said...

happy australia day. i have a feeling david hicks will be home soon.
beazle

4:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home