Sunday, December 24, 2006

Cardonnay with the turkey anyone?

I'm having a noice Chrissie in Kath & Kim land, right in the heart of the Mornington Peninsula, Victoria. Luckily, it's cold enough for ugg boots and Cooggi sweaters so that's got the dress code sorted. Feeling a bit wobbly after getting stuck into the Bundy that was supposed to go into Nigella's Iced Rum Cream. But, really, that's enough of me pretending to be Australian. These are not my people.

Listened to The Essential Leonard Cohen all the way down the Hume Highway. Let me share with you my current favourite lyric, from Len's The Future: When they said repent, I wondered what they meant. Might be my slogan for 2007. But I am, as usual, getting ahead of myself.

First, the recipe for Iced Rum Cream, which can be whipped up tonight to go on tomorrow's pudding: Take 300 ml of double cream and whip it until thick. In a separate bowl whip two egg yolks until frothy. Into this beat 2 tablespoons of Golden Syrup and 2 tablespoons of dark rum. Fold the egg mixture into the cream. Freeze overnight. One hour before serving the pudding, take the rum cream out of the freezer and let slightly defrost in the fridge. Throw over pudding with gay abandon. (That's for you, Mark Trevorrow.)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home