Monday, October 16, 2006

Hail Uncle Monty

I'm having crumpets and butter and a small rhesus-negative Bloody Mary today to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of my favourite film - ever -Bruce Robinson's masterpiece Withnail & I.Unbelievably, there are some people who have never seen it. (James Wolcott, I'm talking about you.) For those of you who haven't, go buy the anniversary DVD now. "It is the most shattering experience of a young man's life, when one morning he awakes, and quite reasonably says to himself, I will never play the Dane."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a youth i used to weep in butcher shops.

8:32 pm  
Blogger Lee Tulloch said...

I think the carrot infinitely more fascinating than the geranium. The carrot has mystery. Flowers are essentially tarts. Prostitues for the bees.

8:25 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home