Thursday, May 24, 2007

What I did on my vacation #1

May 1 2007... the opening of the Napoleon Perdis concept store on Hollywood Boulevard in Los Angeles - the first makeup store there since the now defunct Max Factor emporium opened in the 1920s. You can't miss it - a double-fronted gold-painted vision of glamoroma on the formerly derelect boulevard. Inside, Napoleon's makeup academy, store, and private rooms for celebrity consultations. The decor? Leopard print, zebra stripes, crystal chandeliers, vintage lamps, baroque mirrors, studded satin sofas. (Think Gianni Versace and Roberto Cavalli in a menage-a-quatre with Rock Hudson and Doris Day.) I'm writing about Napoleon's empire for the July issue of The Australian Women's Weekly, so I'm going to save all the juicy tidbits for that. At left, the exuberant Napoleon on his red carpet. "They wanted to do a gold red carpet and I said, it's my first time in Hollywood - I want a red red carpet!"

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home