Thursday, March 08, 2007

The Portrait of Dorian Lauder


Naughty me, deadline week for my novel and I snuck off to a extravagant lunch to introduce Estee Lauder's Re-Nutriv Re-Creation day and night creme duo to a group of twenty women targeted by the brand as potential ambassadors for the product. Increasingly, savvy corporations are enlisting the goodwill of high-profile women to spread the message about luxury products by word-of-mouth. Let's face it (and this is about faces) it's flattering to identitified as such, Krug'd and dined splendidly, and then handed the coveted goodie bag at the end of the lunch - in this case two jars of the creme, which is valued, I believe, at around $AUD1300. No strings attached, of course - you're free to love it or leave it - but the brands are generally confident that there will be a lot of loving going on. Do I love Re-Creation? Well, I ditched the $400 jar of something else to try it and I have to say I'm very well-disposed towards it after only two nights and a day. It's lighter than most Lauder moisturisers and incredibly dewy. It's not going to help me finish my novel but when I get round to doing the publicity hopefully I can get away with being a "bright young novelist."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home