Friday, September 29, 2006

The Baron of Botox

Apropos of my comments yesterday about taking the veil, quite coincidentally I had an appointment with the Baron of Botox, Dr. Frederic Brandt, of New York and Miami, who was in Sydney on a whirlwind promotional tool to introduce beauty editors to his over-the-counter range of beauty products, available in Australia at Mecca Cosmetica. The altogether charming and preternaturally youthful Dr.Brandt was wielding his famous needle for select media tarts, who I believe clamoured for the opportunity. When I declined, one of my botoxed-up pals was aghast. "Are you mad? He's the best." I'm still maintaining I like my wrinkles, although this novel I'm trying to finish is making them deeper by the day. In any case, you can read more about this in the (sydney) magazine in a few weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home